Tuesday, November 27, 2012

The Return of Elder Russell

Guess what?? Elder Marcus Russell comes home TODAY!!! My amazing little brother has been serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints for the past two years. He has been in the blazing heat of Tempe, AZ.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to see him until we head home for Christmas. I am so so so so so excited for him to be back though! Here's a little preview of what he's been up to for the past two years.


This is right before he went into the MTC. I got to take him in. He was cool, calm, and collected until we pulled into the parking lot. He then said, "I'm scared." It's at that moment when my older sister/motherly instincts kicked in. I knew he would be okay though, more than okay actually. I knew he would be amazing.


Just look at him!


What a stud.



Love him.

Excerpt from his last email:
"I had my departing interview with President Howes yesterday and it was strange because he was talking about school and careers and marriage and I was like whoa I can't be thinking/talking about this stuff I'M STILL A MISSIONARY! hahaha... Well hope all is well see you tomorrow!!"
Marriage? Careers? What?! Ahhhh he's growing up so fast!
I can't wait for what the future holds for him.


No comments:

Post a Comment