Thursday, May 30, 2013

WOW Wednesday: Mountains to Climb

Let's be honest , I really suck at posting on Wednesday. Sorry! Here it is on Thursday :)
This past weekend we went camping and hiking at Zion National Park. On Day 2 we decided to hike up to Observation Point. This was an 8 mile hike with an elevation change of over 2,100 ft. It was hard to say the least. Post to come later with full details.

While Hiking I had a lot of time to think. I said something to Aust that really got me thinking.

"If I had know how hard this was going to be, I don't think I could have done it!"

Relating back to last week's WOW post, sometimes I am glad I can't see the whole picture. I am so grateful that I don't see and experience everything at once. Otherwise, I don't think I could do it. We knew before we came here that life was not going to be a cake walk. We knew we would have trials that would help us to learn and grow. But boy am I glad I don't see and experience them all at once. Everything is line upon line, precept upon precept. Just like the hike.

The views were amazing at the top, but not as great as the feeling of accomplishment I had. I want to have that same feeling when I finish this life. I know it is going to be hard, but it is not impossible. We have been given so many tools to help us along the way. We really do have mountains to climb in this life, but the reward at the end is so worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment