Wednesday, January 4, 2017

5 Months

V:
Little V, you are 5 MONTHS OLD! How did that happen??? You loved spending time with the Russell's for a week over Christmas. Grandpa got you to full on giggle numerous times. (We were all a little jealous.) You love to smile, play with rattles and blocks, and stick every toy object in your mouth. You are eating solids! We have given you rice cereal, carrots, squash, apples, and bananas. You cringe at apples and bananas - which is HILARIOUS. We will stick to veggies for now. You are rolling from back to front. Getting close to sitting on your own- still a little unstable though. You are officially 13 lbs!!! Maybe you will be a little higher on the percentile scale next visit.  Fingers crossed! You are in size 1 diapers. You still fit in your 3 month clothes, but we've started putting you in 6 month stuff too. You bring us so much joy and we love you so much!

Me:
I always fall into a little slump in January. Christmas is over. Family goes back home. It usually takes me a week or two to get back to normal. I'm working on it though! I made some great goals for the year and I am extra excited about them. It's only day 4 of 2017 and I already feel myself coming out of the slump. I love my little family and couldn't be more grateful.

#projectVandMe

And just for fun, here's a little nugget from my recent studies.

"Since the beginning of time, love has been the source of both the highest bliss and the heaviest burdens. At the heart of misery from the days of Adam until today, you will find the love of wrong things. And at the heart of joy, you will find the love of good things.

And the greatest of all good things is God."

-Dieter F. Uchdorf
Oct 2009












No comments:

Post a Comment