Friday, January 20, 2017

Lift from your corner of the world

I was scrolling through my phone this morning fully anticipating and honestly, dreading the comments about the events of today. There were the people praising Obama, mourning his departure, and talking about the end of the world. There were the hardcore Trump supporters praising his every word, admiring Melania’s outfit of choice, and insisting “America could now be great again.”  It was all laced with negativity toward the other side. UGH.

Feeling frustrated, I looked away from my phone and down at my daughter. She was so blissfully unaware of the circumstances. A thought entered my mind: 


"No success can compensate for failure in the home" 
(David O McKay, quoting JE McCulloch). 

At that moment I realized, no matter what is happening in our country, and the world for that matter, my primary responsibility is to my family. I needed to put my phone down and focus on my daughter! I was lucky enough to grow up in a home that taught love, respect, honesty, and hard work. If everyone had that opportunity, I think the world would be a much better place. 


So I’m going to do my part and spread good from my little corner of the world. Regardless of your opinions on the outcome of this election, can we all submit to do the same? 


Let’s all move forward in faith, lift where we stand, and #focusonthegood!  

Oh, and what's one of my posts without a little V??







No comments:

Post a Comment