Monday, May 1, 2017

April: The Atonement of Jesus Christ

In case you missed it, I made a New Year's resolution to pick one gospel topic each month and study it in depth. So far...

January: Patience & Kindness
February: Prayer
March: Individual Worth

The Atonement of Jesus Christ is so grand, yet so personal. I was brought to tears many times during my studies this month. The event itself is so far reaching it is hard to comprehend. I don't have words to adequately express the grandeur. I will say, it truly is the greatest event to take place in the history of the world, and it has implications for all of us.

Much of what I learned this month is fairly personal to me, so I won't be sharing a ton. What I do want to share though, is the following:

"Everything points to the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ. His teachings and messages were good, but the whole purpose of those teachings is to bring us to HIM so we may repent and be SAVED."
-Tad R. Callister 
(The Infinite Atonement)

After studying and realizing the importance of that point, things became so clear to me. So here's my main take away...

**SHOVEL**

Going forward, both with my studies this year and really the rest of my life, I need to recognize how everything points to Christ. I need to study each topic in conjunction with Jesus Christ and his mission. I see now that everything we are taught is important only because Christ suffered, died, and was resurrected for us. If he did not complete that act, nothing else would matter. 

The great news is that Jesus Christ did complete the Atonement, and because He did we have so much hope, joy, and purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment